About the Contest
On March 5, 1942, legislation was passed by the General Assembly to create the South Carolina State Ports Authority, and signed by Gov. Jefferies on the same day.
In conjunction with celebrating 75 years of economic prosperity, SC Ports is hosting a photo contest; the contest is open to the public, and entries should reflect “Keeping Freight Moving “in the Palmetto State.
Five finalist photos will be chosen by a SC Ports Authority committee, and will be shared via Facebook and Instagram.
The photos must be submitted via the online form.
The winner with the most likes will win $500. You can vote for more than one photo. Each like OR reaction (heart, wow, etc) will count as one vote. The photo with the most likes OR reactions as of 10:00 AM EST, Friday, October 6, 2017 will win.
- Please upload your photo(s) using the form above. Photos must be sent at the highest available resolution, and they may not contain watermarks.
- IN THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FORM, please describe the photo and how it reflects “Keeping Freight Moving.”
- Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST, Sunday, September, 24 2017.
- Photos must show how we are “Keeping Freight Moving” in South Carolina.
- You may submit up to three photos.
- Of the photos submitted, we will pick five finalists.
- Finalists will be posted in our SC Ports Authority Facebook page. We will notify all finalists by email.
- Voting will commence Friday, September 29, 2017.
- Each Facebook “like” will count as one vote.
- You are welcome to share your photo or the contest itself as often you’d like. You are also welcome to like your own photo(s) and comment on the contest.
- The photo with the most “likes” as of 10:00 AM EST, Friday, October 6, 2017 will win $500.
- The winner will receive a check for $500. If you are the winner, we will contact you for your address so that we may mail your check.
- By submitting your photo, you permit SC Ports Authority to display your photo on Facebook and other social media platforms as well as on www.scspa.com. You also permit us to credit you as its photographer.
Happy voting and good luck!